Thursday, January 30, 2014

Team Bikeway 2014

As many of you who read this probobly know, the annual race team meeting is at 6:30 pm tomorrow at the Wappingers store. We will be introducing everyone and going over any and all changes made from previous years, in addition to talking about some of the new things which we will be trying to implement to help everyone reach their goals. We have a lot of new and exciting things planned, which I will be really happy to introduce to everyone tomorrow.   I'm really stoked to meet everyone from the team who I have not met yet, in addition to our new members, and to hear about everyones race schedule and goals.  I'm a racer at heart and I always will be, and whats better than racing myself is being a part of your racing as well. I hope that at some point this year I can say that I was able to do something to help everyone on the team, and I encourage everyone to reach out and ask if there is anything I can do!

Personally I will be focusing on XC Mtb races this year, and secondarily I will be getting my feet wet in some road racing as well, which has been a long time coming. In addition to that, I will be doing some Enduro and DH events, and of course a Triathlon.  I've done a few Xterras, but now its time for me to step up and do a real Tri.  For me, doing tris are a great way to go and do a fun and challenging event which I can really enjoy without pressure to reach a goal.  This is because I am not a swimmer, not even a little, I'm better described as drift wood when Im in water.  As far as running goes, I struggle with it mentally, as the work to fun ratio isn't very high, but in a triathlon situation its obviously very rewarding when all is said and done and you can dig deep and finish strong.  

Thats it for me, below is last years team awards!
Nate

Volunteer of the year - Karena Frenzel
Inspiring athlete of the year, "Paul Frank award" - Dawn Panny
Community Leader of the year - Sam Train
Junior Athlete of the year - Madison MacDougall
Break Through Season award - Zuri Wilson, and Eric Waldron
Featured Athlete of the year - Erica Ruge
Overcoming anything that stood in the way of getting back on the bike - Lars Liebmann
Best Dressed/Most likely to match bike and outfit - Dawn Panny
Die hard award - Richard Giliotti
Most likely to provide an awesome draft - John Esposito
Coach of the year - Coach Vic






No comments:

Post a Comment