Wednesday, May 23, 2012

American Zofingen, Harriman Halfmary and Noah's Ride


Harriman Half Ironman Tony Tanzi Race Report:

"I stayed conservative throughout what felt like a long swim and a bike that consisted of about 5,000 ft of elevation gain with pot holes all over the course to head into T2 in third place... Third place doesn't sound too bad, but when third place comes with "9 minutes behind the leader" I clearly dug myself quite the hole to get out of.  The run course was a 2 loop out and back so I would get to see the other runners and see if I was gaining time.  Before the first turn around I had moved into second place and was about 4 minutes back on first place.  I planned on getting through the first lap before I made any sort of move so I just kept my same pace for the rest of the first lap.  About 200 meters into the second lap I had caught the first place runner and kept my same pace to end up winning by about 7 minutes.  Looking back I'm glad I was conservative on the bike because I was able to out run second and third place by over 15 minutes."




American Zofingen:

Our Featured athletes did awesome this year! Erica Ruge won the Women's Short Course, Carly Cooper-Johnson placed 2nd in the Middle Distance and Colin Martin survived the Long Course and won his AG! Also, Eric Waldron place 3rd OA in short course.

Erica Ruge RR:

"As I went into the American Zofingen Short Course (for the 3rd time), I was very excited to meet my goals which was basically to beat my previous times (and of course WIN).  I felt good and the day was perfect. This is one of my favorite races, great venue, and unbelievable (HARD) course! The first run (5 miles) always feels hard, but this time I have been doing lots of trail running so I felt a little more at ease. My goal was to finish in 40 min and I came in at 39, exciting!! Off on the bike and again this year, I have ridden the course (29 miles) a few times with Carly and Justin. So again I felt prepared. Goal time was 1:43 I came in at 1:38 and change! I went as hard as I could and I felt it. So the second run was a killer! Really felt like I was dying...but muscled through and my goal time was 42 min and I came in at 42 and change. Sweet! This gave me a PR for this course (only this course) 3:02. Which also landed me in 1st woman overall.  I was really just super excited to have reached my own goals for this race.

Hats off to Carly who went middle distance and Colin who did the long!! And to Eric who also did the short course. Amazing athletes.

I highly recommend this race to anyone willing to take on a challenge!"

Noah's Ride:

Noah's ride had a great turnout. Every last penny goes to JDRF! Thanks to everyone who helped make this event one of the premier charity rides in the Hudson Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment